the chronicles of my journey to a thinner me

My Progress
my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Diet Diary
Mini Goal - One-derland

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just a quick update..

Weight: 227 - 13 pounds lost!



I was out of town attending a class last week. This week I'm running like crazy for some stuff for work. I haven't had time to sit down for lunch, much less to blog (or read blogs - which I have missed), so that's why you haven't heard from me.



Brief summary: I would NOT recommend the Marriott Troy for anyone trying to count points. It's a GREAT hotel for everything else - really nice gym and rooms - but the restaurant situation is a problem. The hotel restaurant is Don Shula's Steak House. Apparently it is famous for serving enormous portions at huge prices while making sure to not accidently get something healthy on your plate. They would not make me a plain chicken breast. The lady said that I could order the 16 ounce (yes 16!) chicken breast and I could get a veggie with that. The veggie first of all was creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, baked potato, or something else fatty can't remember. WTF was I going to do with a $35 one pound chicken breast? Anyway, I did the best I could. I didn't have a car there because it was icy and snowing, so I only got out when I went with someone else. I did work out 5 times in 5 days. Not too bad.



I wrote down all my food and kept my points the whole time, but I don't know how accurate they were. A lot of it was guessing. I'm not going to post any past menus because I don't feel like finding them all and typing them up. I will admit to going over point twice, but I really believe it was within the 35 point flex point range. I just have never used flex points, so I still felt guilty about it. Anyway, I came from that trip with no gain, no loss. All things considered, I'm happy with that. I've lost another 3 pounds since then and although I can't help but pine over the 1 or 2 pounds I could've lost that week in Detroit, I am pleased with a total loss of 13 pounds with relatively little effort on my part.



I don't know how much posting I will do this week. I will try. I just wanted to check in and report my current weight before I was too long gone.



I'm not even sure what week I'm on. I'll have to look at my postings to see. Hopefully I'll get back on track with the posting thing very soon.

No comments: