the chronicles of my journey to a thinner me

My Progress
my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Diet Diary
Mini Goal - One-derland

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week 2 - Hello Wendie Plan

Week 2, Day 1 - Weight - 233

After much thinking and reading, I have decided to give the Wendie Plan a try for my 2nd week. Everything I have read makes me think it might be good to try this before I hit a slowdown or plateau. I had read a lot about this once before but it wasn't in relation to WW. I saw that a lot of trainers suggest caloric variance as a way to optimize weightloss. So, we will see how it goes.

So, what I did was to take the original Wendie Plan numbers and calculate the percentages she used to designate low, very low, high, etc... I then added up my week's points (25 x 7 = 175). I then calculated the same percentages for my points. Here's how it looks:

Tues 20
Wed 26
Thur 21
Fri 36
Sat 20
Sun 27
Mon 25

I considered moving them around to adjust what days get the high points, but then I thought better to leave it alone. I really did think long and hard about trying this because in the past, I have had really bad food issues - and now everything seems to be going so well. So, in my quest for honesty, I asked myself every question I could think of because I want to make sure I stay in control of my life. The little voice in the back of my head that thinks I will always fail has been pretty quiet since I started this, so I asked the questions I thought it would.

Regular WW did well for you in Week 1. What if this doesn't? Then I will go back to regular 25 points a day. This is a life change, not a crash diet. I won't die if I don't lose massive amounts of weight each week.

Ok, but what if after having high days, you can't go back to low days? I'm feeling way too in control to believe that will happen. I'm willing to take the chance and believe in myself.

Shouldn't you change that 36 point day to something more like 30? What if it makes you fat? It won't. It's the same number of points in one week - just allocated differently. It's going to be ok. I (finally) trust me.

It sounds funny, but those are the types of thoughts that have hobbled me all of my life. This time, I actually had to conjure them up just to ask these questions. That gave me an even greater feeling of power. Maybe I'm actually going to learn to shed all of that crap I've carried around in my head all of these years.

I was thinking that there is a metaphor for losing weight we've all heard 'peeling off the pounds' and that it is so close to one for getting to the truth ' peeling back the layers'. Hmmm. Pounds and layers. Maybe they're interchangable. Maybe my quest to peel back the layers will have an added benefit. Just maybe, for me anyway, the layers of fear, shame, and guilt that I have hidden under are equal to the 100 pounds I've hidden myself under. Hmmm. Sorry, I'm just trying to work this out. Trying to lose weight first and then hope I all of a sudden develop strength and self esteem as a result hasn't gotten me anywhere. Don't they say that if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got? How very true that has been for me.

I'm ready to get healthy on the inside AND out. I'm feeling better every day, so I think I may be on to something.


Breakfast:
2 - lite English Muffins
4 - 2T peanut butter

Lunch:
4 - ww dinner
0 - salad
.5 - 1T lite Italian

Points used so far - 10.5
Points remaining - 9.5

No comments: