the chronicles of my journey to a thinner me

My Progress
my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Diet Diary
Mini Goal - One-derland

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On track...

Here's a progress report of my HYC goals for this week:

Tuesday, May 20th

Drink 64+ oz water CHECK

Journal all meals and snacks CHECK
Stay on plan CHECK

Run/walk program 3/1 intervals - N/A I run on M, W, F, Sat
Minimum 45 minutes moderate exercise CHECK
Earn minimum 29 activity points by end of day Monday May 26 - 3 APs earned
Minimum 4 blog entries - So far so good

Last night we went for a 45 minute brisk walk in the very hilly park. It was 95 degrees and humid, so it was pretty uncomfortable. My feet were swollen when I put on my shoes, and so they just didn't seem to fit right. My left one felt like it was trying to rub a blister. After 45 minutes, we were drenched and decided to call it a night.

I did good on water. I had my 64 ounces in before I left the office yesterday. I drank probably another 32 that evening.

Food:

1 - 2 low cal/fat/carb torts (the little ones are 2 for a point - sweet!)
4 - 2 scrambled eggs
1 - 1 oz roast turkey
2 - 10 saltines
2 - 2 lite Laughing Cow swiss cheese wedges
0 - big salad with grape tomatoes
1 - 1 T lite Ranch
5 - WW Swedish meatballs
3 - biscotti
4 - pinto beans
4 - brown rice
0 - steamed broc/carrots/cauliflower
1 - sf popsicles & a sf Monster drink
28 points

26 points + 3 APs = 29-28 = 1 point left over


Yesterday I ate way more crap than I normally eat. I didn't cook on Monday, so I didn't have anything ready for lunch. I ended up grabbing an emergency WW dinner. I didn't have any fruit in the house, so my snacks are not my usual. I need to go to the store tonight as I did find one poor apple in the crisper, but that was it. Hopefully tomorrow I will have fruit for 3 of my snacks.

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning and it said 216, which I know is not true. I did NOT gain 2 pounds doing what I did yesterday. I'm sure it had something to do with the heat and sodium and my sudden hop back onto the water drinking train. I'm choosing to ignore that number because it's not mathematically/scientifically possible.

Thanks to all of you that stopped by and left comments yesterday. It never ceases to amaze me what a wonderful group of people the blogger community is. You guys are fantabulous! On the HYC check in yesterday I found some great new blogs that I have added to my list to make sure I stop by. I love hearing what you all have to say.

Tonight is another run/walk night. I'm excited. Wish me luck!


8 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Yep, as long as you're eating healthy and exercising, there's not much you can do about the scale. Good for you for soldiering on!

Lora said...

How exciting that we're both on the same week! We can keep each other motivated. Your plan looks a bit different than mine. Where I started 3 minute runs this week - my circuit goes like this: walk briskly 5 minutes - run 90 seconds - walk 90 seconds - run 3 minutes - walk 3 minutes and repeat. The 3 minute runs scared me to think about but I got through them okay. Like you - I look forward to each running day with an uncanny sense of anticipation.
We can do this!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Looks like you're doing well. Keep making those healthy choices.

Anonymous said...

:) thanks for the comment I totaly understand I wonder if thats what it is the scale is just reading a bit higer...but I'm not gonna give up. oh and good luck to you. I'm going to ad your blog to my blogroll. by the way I love your layout.

blendergrl said...

Welcome to the HYC! Looks like you are doing fantastic!

Kitzzy said...

I am beginning to hate my scale. Whatever you do the night before affects it, so I keep changing my weigh-in day to not coincide with a bad night. I try to eat well the night before and limit sodium, but its hard. I used to weigh-in on Fridays mornings, but we had poker every Thursday and I tended to not eat as well. So I switched to Thursday mornings. I really like the Friday weigh-ins though as it is a good way to wrap up the week, so I go back and forth. I have a friend coming over tonight, so I just did a weigh-in, not much of a loss but .4 is better than nothing. I'll try to eat well today and officially weigh-in tomorrow, but I'll record the lowest one. hee hee. I know is a mind game, but I gotta do what I can to keep me sane.

BTW, thanks for your comment on my post about the 2 mile run. I really am proud of myself, but I seem to have to keep reminding myself sometimes :)

Carly said...

Great Blog. You are doing great on the weightloss. I dislike my scale for the very same reason. I got excited yesterday morning because I was down....by the time I went to bed, it was 5lbs higher. boo!

RunningNan said...

I was a tad bit confused by the running program until I scrolled down! I'm always on runnersworld.com. I think any plan that builds you up to run a 5k is great. I was a c25k person and I started exactly one year ago. I'm not running a little over 5 miles a day, 4 days a week, and a longer run one day on the weekend. I never imagined I would ever be a runner. It's an awesome feeling!

By the way, I found you from Diana the Scale Junkie!