the chronicles of my journey to a thinner me

My Progress
my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Diet Diary
Mini Goal - One-derland

Friday, April 11, 2008

Update...Mini Goal Met

Weight: 216!

Just a quick update. Still really busy at work and traveling alot. Just got back from Dubai on Friday, and am headed to Kansas City on Sunday. So I haven't had much time to work on this blog.

A note about traveling and staying OP (On Plan). Being away from home isn't the hardest part about staying OP. For me, the plane ride is the problem. It's ok if it's a few hours, but when you fly for 2 days (like going to/from Dubai) it doesn't matter what you plan ahead, it's really, really hard to not just eat the plane food. I don't know what they do to that stuff. I think they fortify it like an MRE. If I could find a feasible solution to that problem, I think I would have it made. I'm sorry, I just can't/won't live off of meal bars for 2 days on a plane at a time. It's just too stressful and I don't like eating sweet-tasting things that often. I've got to work on finding a real solution to this problem.

Anyway, Dubai wasn't that bad. I did pretty well although there were a lot of situations where I just couldn't count the points and/or didn't have many choices. It worked out ok. I came back a pound heavier - but considering the stress of the traveling that far, and the food on the plane, I'm ok with that.

I managed to drop the extra pound, plus 1, within two days of being back, so I wonder how much of that is water weight. My feet were HUGE on the ride back. Since then, I have dropped another 2 pounds and find myself at 216 this morning. Woohoo! That's my 10% goal! I am so excited. Now I only have 17 pounds to lose to get under 200. I can't wait.

I have been feeling pretty good. I feel thin most of the time now. I have pretty good energy, especially considering that I swear I've picked up some kind of walking pneumonia or something. Staying OP has not been difficult since I've been back. I love how when I count my points, I lose weight. Yesterday I had a piece of cake and I still lost 2 pounds. I had to eat steamed veggies and salad for dinner, but that was ok. I stayed within my point limit. I really didn't want the cake as much as I want to learn how to eat cake and still lose weight, and ultimately to be able to eat cake and maintain my goal weight. Avoiding cake doesn't teach me anything. Plus, I think my starting weight of 240 proves that avoiding cake does NOT work for me. :)

Hubby is doing FANTASTIC. I am so proud of him. He's experimented with the points and different kinds of food/drink and I think he's found a way to stay happy and still lose weight. He is looking so good. I think he's lost 30-35 pounds. We have managed to get out and walk for 30-45 minutes every day this week. I really want to keep that up as ultimately I want to start running. I have a running training book that lays out a plan for safely going from a non-runner to running a race.

Everything is so exciting now. I feel like I am on track to being the person I want to be. I feel like anything is possible and my goals are all reachable now. I have a clear vision of the kind of life I want to live, what I want to do, and how to get there. Things are really coming together that way and it's really, really nice.

Today I slept in because I was feeling really bad this morning. I am just now getting in to work. So I kind of slept through breakfast. That leaves me opportunities to eat my points in a different way today, so that's kind of exciting. I kind of had lunch for breakfast. Then I just packed some snacks to hold me over until I get off work.

Breakfast:

6 - Healthy Choice Philly Cheese Steak Panini (pretty good)
0 - salad
1 - t. Ranch

Snacks packed:

1 - WW vanilla yogurt
2 - lite Laughing Cow cheese wedges
1 - 3 wasa crackers (.8 points actually!)

We got some ground turkey that I think I will make my first turkey burger from tonight. I'm going to try really hard to stop having weeks where I don't lose weight. I've picked out a dress (or type of dress more likely) that I want to wear to our company Christmas party this year. I have 71 pound until my goal weight and I would like to be there by the time I have to buy that dress in December. That gives me 8 full months. That averages out to 8.9 pounds per month. That sounds possible to me at this point. I will of course be upping the excercising as I get smaller and it gets easier and easier to actually exercise.

Anyway, gotta run now. Many, many things to accomplish today...

No comments: