the chronicles of my journey to a thinner me

My Progress
my-calorie-counter.com    The webs free Diet Diary
Mini Goal - One-derland

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 2 - Yippee!

Starting weight: 235 (down 5 lbs!) Points allowed: 25

Breakfast:
6 pt - 1 large bagel
1 pt - 1/2 T. peanut butter

Lunch:
5 pt - WW frozen dinner
0 pt - romaine lettuce
1.5 pt - 1 T. Ranch
1 pt- WW yogurt

Snack:
2.5 pt - 18 tiny twist pretzels

Dinner:
8 pt - 2 cups of hubby's tasty beans

Total Points consumed - 25 Water consumed - 64oz +


I was so excited to find 5 nasty pounds gone this morning. My goal for the next 5 days is to make sure that it sticks.

I am so proud of myself (pats self on back) for making a menu plan and sticking to it. I even went over my 8 glasses of water. I feel fantastic. My energy is much higher and I swear I even feel lighter.

One thing that seems to be helping is that I am sticking to water with meals. I think that sweet tasting beverages make me eat more, and I don't enjoy the taste of the food as much. So, I gotta have my diet RC, or my big iced tea (with sweet 'n low) at least once a day, but I'm using them for a treat instead of to accompany my meals. I didn't even realize until this morning that I only had one diet RC. That has to be better for me.

The other thing that is helping is this blog. I have that type of personality that has to have a perfect journal. In the past, since I couldn't stay on track, I just lied to myself in my journal. Makes a heck of a lot of sense doesn't it? Anyway, one of the purposes of this blog is to keep me honest. I don't like to lie to other people. I've already told you my real weight, not my driver's license weight, and posted my actual fat picture. There's nowhere to hide now. Yesterday I posted my Day 1 entry before I left work, so I actually had not made it past lunch yet - although I had already drank all of my required water. I really think that helped keep me from straying. So I'm going to keep up that practice for a few days. Maybe Monday I'll start reporting only on the previous day. We'll see.

Anyway, I feel great. I am positive I can do this. I am so psyched!


See you tomorrow.

No comments: